Have you heard of Outdoor Nation yet? Outdoor Nation is a youth-led cultural movement that aims to reignite a widespread interest in the outdoors. Youth these days are spending more and more time indoors on computers or playing video games – wow, I sound old. I spend a lot of time on the PC working too, but I also know the benefits of outdoor activity in nature. Outdoor Nation wants to help shift the youth culture from an indoor society to one with a passion for the outdoors.
ON is a community open to the public – anyone can join. Here are just a few of the ways you can benefit from Outdoor Nation:
– Find new friends based on where you live and what you like to do outdoors
– Win outdoor gear and swag from our partners in weekly contests
– Attend one of ON’s five regional youth summits
– Start an ON Club or join an existing one, and get money for group projects
– Build campaigns and advocate for local and national outdoor policies
The 2011 Summits include: