Bet you never thought the contents of an altoid tin might save your life some day. No, I’m not talking about the delicious mints … I’m talking about all stuff you can fit inside an altoid tin, making the perfect survival kit.
An altoid tin measures 2.25″ width x 3.5″ length x 0.75″ height. Small enough to fit in your pocket during a hike into the backcountry yet big enough to carry an assortment of tiny items needed in order to survive in the wild. Here’s just a sample of what you can fit inside:
– Steel striker with Mini-Match magnesium fire starter.
– Waterproof-windproof matches
– Photon Micro-Light II
– Water bag
– 20 Potable Aqua water purification tablets
– 50 feet of braided fishing line
– Fishing tackle kit
– 20mm AA liquid-filled button compass
– Commando Wire Saw
– 2 magnetized sewing needles
I bet you don’t believe it. Read more on how to build you own altoid survival kit.